Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Founders Brewing Company

Those of you who have not tried the beer brewed in Michigan are missing out on some unique and pleasing beers.  I recently enjoyed a great example of the seasonal fare available in Michigan from Founders Brewing Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.  The beer was called Blushing Monk.
Blushing Monk is a Belgian Style Fruit ale made with raspberries.  As with Belgian styles, the beer was low in carbonation, high in alcohol (9.2% ABV), and malty.  The raspberries gave the beer a beautiful deep red color and a well-balanced raspberry flavor.  This beer is produced each year in limited quantities, so I was pleased when my beer guy put one aside for me from the only case the distributor had for him to sell.  This beer was last brewed in 2007.  I hope we don't have to wait another 4 years for the next batch!
Cheers,

Zymus

No comments:

Post a Comment