Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Positive Contact: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

I always enjoy the zymological creations of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Positive Contact continues this tradition.  Based on the ingredients (cider, farro, cayenne pepper, and cilantro) listed on the label, I was prepared for my gustatory sense to be overwhelmed.  It did not happen...the ingredients were well balanced and the whole thing just worked. I liked the fruity character that had a subtle undertone of herb (I did not taste cilantro specifically) and just a touch of cayenne burn (I would have preferred slightly more).

This beer continues the brewery's tribute to musicians they enjoy.  This time it is Dan the Automator and the band Deltron 3030.  The beer was intended to be sold as a 4-pack of 750 ml bottles (really?) and included with the 4-pack was a vinyl EP record containing some tracks from the hip hop band.  The title of the beer is one of the names of the tracks.  All very interesting marketing.  Fortunately, my beer-seller was selling them as singles.  I declined the EP partly because I'm not much of a hip hop fan, but mainly because I got rid of my record player more than a decade ago.   How about a flash drive with .MP3s next time? Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Zymus

No comments:

Post a Comment