Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

Last night I enjoyed my yearly bottle of 120 Minute Imperial IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.  Each year I somehow manage to find one or two bottles of the limited release beer.  The beer totally assaults the senses (in a good way).  Clocking in at an IBU of 120 and an alcohol by volume  level of 15-20% (probably 18%, according to the brewers website), this beer leaves an great impression.  The warmth created by the alcohol is more similar to drinking a brandy than to drinking a beer.  Highly recommended.

I do wonder why the brewers website lists a range for the alcohol level. I assume it is because the levels differ from year-to-year.  But if this is the case, why not put a year on the bottle and the actual stats for that year's 120 minute IPA?  The label does say that it "ages well," and I have a few in my beer cellar, but I do not know which bottles are from which years. These aged beers will be enjoyed a decade or so from now and I'm sure I'm going to be wondering exactly who old they are.

Cheers,
Zymus

No comments:

Post a Comment