Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

BrewDog brewery

It will, no doubt, come as no surprise that I consider myself a devotee of craft beer.  I'm always on the lookout for something new and interesting.  A few months back, I was researching some specialty beers and I came across the website for BrewDog brewery in Scotland. They claim to brew beer for punks.  "Ok," I thought and I wished I could try some of their products.  I went to their "shop" portion of the website and found that they sell their beer over the Internet.  Hmm...would they ship to the USA?  I ordered a selection of beers including two that were high gravity beers.  I completed the order form, expecting that the order would be canceled once I typed in my USA address.  To my surprise, they accepted the order.  I got a call from my credit card company a few days later asking if my credit card had been compromised, because there was a charge on it from Scotland.  Cool, I thought, maybe they will actually send me the beer.

About two months passed, and I had nearly forgot about the order.  Then, one Saturday afternoon the doorbell rang and it was the postman with a abhorrent-looking package wrapped in plastic.  He apologetically explained that this was how he got it and I needed to sign on the dotted line.  The package was from Scotland.

I brought the sorry looking bundle into my home and quickly realized that the bundle was a cardboard box and at least one beer bottle had broken destroying the cardboard on one side.  As I carefully undid the package I was pleasantly surprised to find that only two of the 16 beers I had ordered were broken and these two were from 4-packs.  Other than that, the rest of the beers were fine.  Some of the beers were amazing.  I'll talk about that in another post.





Cheers,
Zymus

No comments:

Post a Comment