Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

Odell Brewing Company

Even though I live in Michigan, I have been to many Denver area breweries in the past year.  Lucky me!  On my latest trip we headed to Ft. Collins, which is a nice town that is blessed with superior breweries.  Today I highlight one of those treasures--Odell Brewing Company.

 We we there on a cold November day and the place was packed.  There were about 20 folks waiting to take a brewery tour.  Also, to our delight, the taproom was having their "Dark Days of November" pouring.


We ordered up a "co-pilot" paddle of samplers for each of us.  This particular paddle contained six of their darkest/heaviest beers.  Wow.  The lightest was a double IPA!!  Cheers to dark beer indeed.
The Odell Brewery Hall of Fame.  Notice that most of these have been aged on Oak.

The Odell Brewery Taps. 

A delightful sample of six Odell brews.
Unfortunately, Odell does not sell their beer in Michigan.  I purchased a Bourbon Barrel Stout and a Woodcut #5 and enjoyed them with family and friends on Thanksgiving.  I look forward to coming back sometime.




Cheers,
Zymus

No comments:

Post a Comment